Attending a cultural event is always a special experience — add some delightful food and wine to that experience, and an evening of total enjoyment is created. At the Riverwalk Arts & Entertainment District, in the spirit of true cultural immersion, many partners are including a food and wine component with their upcoming performances, tours and more. For many of the pre-concert lectures, these tastings are BOGOs — when an event ticket is purchased, the food and wine component is included in the price. For other events, the food and wine elements help to enhance an event, exhibit or performance and create a memorable experience. Among some of these upcoming events are:
- Fort Lauderdale Historical Society’s Historic Solstice Cruise on Thursday, Dec. 21, 2017, 6–9 p.m. This enchanting evening on the water will begin at the New River Inn with wine, spirits, and light bites. Guests will board a private boat to view holiday lights and learn stories of early settlers and first peoples along the New River. $45–$55 per person. To learn about more food and wine cultural events at Fort Lauderdale Historical Society, visit fortlauderdalehistoricalsociety.org.
- Once a month, year-round, from 6–8 p.m., NSU Art Museum Fort Lauderdale presents its Art of Wine & Food series, during which guests learn the art of food pairing at fun evenings of wine tastings with small plates. Attendees are invited to tour the museum galleries before tastings begin. Each month explores a different wine theme. $40 per person; $25 members at the Patron level and above.
- Guests will kick off 2018 with delectable food and cocktails at Historic Stranahan House Museum’s Holiday Hangover event on Thursday, Jan. 4, 2018 from 5:30–8 p.m. Various local restaurants will provide delicious food, and guests will enjoy specialty cocktails, house tours and live entertainment. Each guest will receive a chance to win a 25-person private party at the Historic Stranahan House Museum. $40 per person.
- From January–April, 7–9 p.m., Bonnet House Museum & Gardens is the scene of Concerts Under the Stars, which include wine, cookies and coffee. The finest young talent in South Florida perform on the beautiful Bonnet House estate. The evening’s activities take place in and around the house with the concert taking place on the veranda beneath the moon and stars. Scheduled concerts include: January 18, February 15, March 15 & 29, April 5. $25–$85
- At the Broward Center for the Performing Arts, guests enjoy wine tastings prior to Florida Grand Opera, Classical Music Series and Gold Coast Jazz Complimentary with ticket purchase to concert.
As the saying goes, good things come in threes. That certainly rings true at The District, where culture, food and wine come together to create wonderful memories!
The Spirit of Culture, Food & Wine Series: Norma Bellini Opera
The Spirit of Culture, Food & Wine Series: Old World, New World
The Spirit of Culture, Food & Wine Series: New Orleans Jazz