The search for the perfect, unique gift can be an adventurous, enjoyable experience, thanks to the many gift shops and giving opportunities within The District. The most cherished items that one can give are those that can’t be found at a mainstream store. With that in mind, we are pleased to provide ideas for some unforgettable, distinctive gifts that can be found in The District. Plus, check out our entertaining and informative video that showcases all of the great shopping opportunities that The District offers!
- Tickets for the Slow Burn Theater Company series at the Broward Center for the Performing Arts make for wonderful gifts. The upcoming season includes exhilarating shows such as “Legally Blonde,” “Jekyll & Hyde,” “You’re a Good Man Charlie Brown,” “9 to 5 The Musical,” and “Priscilla Queen of the Desert The Musical.” The Broward Center for the Performing Arts is located at 201 SW 5th Ave, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33312. For more information, call (954) 462-0222.
- The historic Bonnet House Museum & Gardens’ Museum Shop, located at 900 N Birch Rd, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33304, is a delightful trove of Florida and nature-inspired gifts. To find out more, call (954) 563-5393
- Historic Stranahan House Museum is home to a gift shop that offers unique artists crafted items, reminiscent of Fort Lauderdale’s beginnings and the rich history of the Seminole Tribe. It’s located at 335 SE 6th Ave, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301 and can be reached at (954) 524-4736.
- NSU Art Museum Fort Lauderdale’s Museum Store, located on the museum’s first level, is filled with signature items. Upstairs is the Paris Pop Up Shop ― celebrating the “Midnight in Paris” exhibition ― featuring beautiful items from silk scarves displaying maps of Paris, to artist-inspired coffee mugs and perfumed bars of soap that carry the essence of France. NSU Art Museum Fort Lauderdale is situated at 1 E Las Olas Blvd, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301. Call (954) 525-5500 for more information.
- In the Lucy Bryan Room at History Fort Lauderdale, there is a magnificent display of Seminole art, bold in its colors and all for sale. The Museum also boasts the largest collection of vintage Fort Lauderdale photography, some of it already framed, that is perfect for gift-giving. History Fort Lauderdale is located in the New River Inn at 219 SW 2nd Ave., Fort Lauderdale, FL 33312; and can be reached at (954) 906-4626.
Happy Shopping, and don’t forget to snap a photo of your holiday finds and post it on social media with #DoTheDistrict!