What better way is there to explore the cultural sites in the “Venice of America” than via water? Forget about traffic and parking, and enjoy The District’s Waterful Tours, available now through Oct. 29*. Whether you’re a local resident or visitor to South Florida, the tours offer the perfect opportunity to experience Fort Lauderdale’s culture, history, attractions, restaurants and shopping, all while traveling on the Water Taxi.
The tours include admission to the guest’s choice of two out of three cultural sites (admission to an optional third site is available for a nominal extra charge), and an all-day access pass for Water Taxi. The sites include:
- NSU Art Museum: The hub of the South Florida Art Coast, nestled in the heart of downtown Fort Lauderdale.
- Historic Stranahan House Museum: The oldest surviving structure in Broward County; built in 1901 as the original trading post for the early pioneers and Seminole Indians.
- History Museum Fort Lauderdale: The only pioneer village in South Florida, with the largest collection of historic buildings in Broward County.
In addition, you will enjoy:
- Special discounts and offers from area restaurants, merchants and cultural site gift shops
- $300 savings book from The Galleria at Fort Lauderdale mall
The tours are available daily on the Water Taxi and can begin as early as 9:30 a.m. at the Fort Lauderdale History Museum with a self-guided tour. Docent-led tours at History Museum and Historic Stranahan House Museum are available at 1 p.m., 2 p.m. and 3 p.m. NSU Art Museum is open every day, except Mondays, from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Sundays noon to 5 p.m. (on the first Thursday of every month, the Museum is open from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m.)
Tour prices start at $38 per adult and $20 per child; children aged 5 and under are free. If you would like to enjoy the third attraction, simply present your ticket stub at the chosen cultural site admission desk, and receive a general admission one-day ticket ($10 for adults and $8 for children aged 6–12).
Book your Waterful adventure at www.riverwalkae.com/waterfultours!
*Package blackout date: Monday, September 4 (Labor Day).