Imagine a delightful evening at the Broward Center for the Performing Arts, savoring Spanish wines, enjoying a performance of one of the greatest comic operas ever produced: Gioachino Rossini’s “The Barber of Seville,” presented by Florida Grand Opera, plus socializing in the Broward Center’s stylish Intermezzo Lounge. On Dec. 3 and 5, Riverwalk Arts & Entertainment District is making it happen with the “A Taste of Rossini” package.
This very limited package offer is nearly 30 percent off of the normal retail cost, and offered on a first-come, first-served basis. Packages start as low as $32 per person, with many price options available (ticket fees apply). Here’s what’s in store for those who purchase the package:
- Acclaimed wine educator and Broward Center for the Performing Arts’ Arts Ambassador Lyn Farmer will lead the wine tasting experience prior to the 7:30 p.m. performance on both Dec. 3 and 5 in the Intermezzo Lounge. Farmer will illustrate how to taste the difference between lighter and heavier texture in wines, and then demonstrate how to hear texture, finding the same distinctions in Rossini’s music in “The Barber of Seville.” Guests will enjoy a guided tasting of two Spanish wines (one sparkling and one red).
- Guests may also enjoy the 6:30 p.m. free opera preview with the witty and captivating Justin Moss, as he tells the inside story of this delightful opera.
- As a tribute to the evening, the Intermezzo Lounge will also offer Spanish tapas, as well as other wines, beers, sodas, coffees and desserts. Top-shelf drinks are served for $5. The Intermezzo Lounge is open to guests who have purchased the package, beginning one hour prior to the performance and during intermission.
- Then – it’s off to the opera! “The Barber of Seville” traces the adventures of handsome young Count Almaviva as he spots the lovely Rosina and courts her in spite of her jealous guardian’s attempts to thwart him. Of course, he would never have succeeded without help from that crafty Figaro, who is much, much more than just a barber.
- After the performance, attendees can opt to attend a free informative Q&A session hosted by Florida Grand Opera’s General Director and CEO Susan T. Danis and members of the senior artistic and production staff. This event will be an open forum to ask questions and be a part of the discussion.
Use the code Seville20 after selecting your seats and upon checkout. Purchase tickets below.
December 3rd – 7:30 PM
More Info. >>
December 5th – 7:30 PM
More Info. >>