Going to the chapel? As a unique idea, you may want to consider the garden, the historical home, or the theater! Whether you’re planning a destination weekend affair or a local event, Riverwalk Arts & Entertainment District partners present out-of-the-box alternatives to traditional sites for all types of weddings. Each with a distinctive style, look and story, The District’s partners present unforgettable settings and features for weddings, receptions and more.
The “lovely” options to make weddings memorable are endless at The District. Consider these ideas:
- Offering guests customized tours of the cultural attractions as part of the event experience
- Presenting attendees with unique commemorative gifts such as art books, vintage photography or seedlings they can later plant at home
- Each venue’s access to the New River provides both beautiful views and boat access, offering a fun-filled opportunity for the wedding party or guests to arrive or depart the event.
From old world charm to a newly renovated and expanded world-class theater venue, there’s so much to choose from at The District for the perfect wedding location. These include:
- Spanning 35 acres, Bonnet House Museum & Gardens is located in a natural barrier island habitat, with the Atlantic Ocean to the east and the Intracoastal Waterway to the west. Embodying old-world charm and understated elegance with modern convenience, Bonnet House offers a variety of settings for weddings of any size.
- Historic Stranahan House Museum, a beautiful, historic, waterfront setting, built in 1901 as a trading post and converted into a residence for Frank and Ivy Stranahan in 1906. The oldest surviving structure in Broward County, the house has been restored to its 1913 configuration and features period Victorian furniture and decorative pieces.
- Broward Center for the Performing Arts, a world-class theater venue grandly situated alongside the scenic New River, offers many beautiful venues for the perfect wedding or reception, including the Mary Porter Riverview Ballroom, Abdo New River Room, and open-air Peck Courtyard.
- New River Inn Museum of History, nestled in the heart of Riverwalk Park, was built in 1905 and the first property in Broward County to be listed on the National Register of Historic Places. A variety of options for memorable weddings and receptions include The Lucy Bryan Room, The Parlor, The Veranda, and the front and back lawns.
If you’re getting ready to tie the knot, but have “not” found the perfect venue for you just yet, check out The District partners! For more information about any of the above District partner sites, or to submit a request for availability or pricing, please visit www.riverwalkae.com/weddings and click on “Request for Proposal.”