Whether you’re planning a trip to Fort Lauderdale or a local who simply loves opera and great seafood, Riverwalk Arts & Entertainment (A&E) District’s upcoming “Songs of the Sea” promotion is certain to provide a delightful evening of culture.
With the 2014–2015 season of the Florida Grand Opera concluding at Broward Center for the Performing Arts with the acclaimed “The Pearl Fishers,” guests can enjoy a performance of the opera on March 12 or 14, as well as a delicious dinner at the nearby Wild Sea Oyster Bar & Grille.
Priced at $150, the promotion includes:
- Two tickets (Orchestra Level) to see “The Pearl Fishers” at the Broward Center, Thursday, March 12 or Saturday, March 14, beginning at 7:30 p.m.
- $50 voucher to Wild Sea Oyster Bar & Grille at the Riverside Hotel on East Las Olas Blvd., including guests’ choice of an oyster appetizer or red velvet beignets and complimentary valet parking. Advance reservations are required at 954-467-2555.
Guests will use the promo code OYSTER when calling the Florida Grand Opera’s Box Office at 800-741-1010, Monday–Friday, 10 a.m.–4 p.m. OYSTER may also be used securely online 24 hours a day, seven days a week, to purchase the promotion at www.gotoriverwalk.com.
- Promotion valid for both evenings of “The Pearl Fishers.”
- Reservations for seating at Wild Sea Oyster Bar & Grille must take place between 5–6 p.m. on March 12 or 14.
- The $50 off dinner with your choice of an oyster appetizer or red velvet beignets voucher will be sent via e-mail. Guests will be responsible for paying the balance of their meal should it exceed the $50 covered by the voucher. Advance reservations are required.
From Georges Bizet, the composer of “Carmen,” “The Pearl Fishers” transports guests to the shores of Ceylon, where a passionate love triangle unfolds between two pearl fishermen and a beautiful priestess. Friendships will be tested. A simple but exotic love story, “The Pearl Fishers” delights with beautiful melodies, vivid nocturnes, rhythmic dances and lusty choruses.
Wild Sea Oyster Bar & Grille is a coastal chic seafood destination located on Las Olas Boulevard and influenced by James Beard-acknowledged Chef Toby Joseph. The cuisine ranges from a seasonally fresh raw bar to one-of-a-kind fresh seafood entrees. The restaurant also features highly acclaimed handcrafted cocktails and an extensive wine list with more than 200 offerings. It is located at the Riverside Hotel, 620 East Las Olas Boulevard Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301.
Florida Grand Opera’s 2014–2015 season has been a spectacular one – why not dive into its last performance of the season at the Broward Center and delicious seafood with this “Songs of the Sea” promotion?