The Riverwalk Arts & Entertainment District is asking you to tell your cultural stories from the weeks of April 27–June 8 … and have a chance to win an exciting cultural giveaway while doing it! In honor of National Tell a Story Day, April 27, The District is hosting a seven-week giveaway promotion on its Facebook page to celebrate the impact that storytelling has on cultural experiences. Whether you’re planning a visit to Fort Lauderdale or a local resident, there are wonderful cultural experiences to be won.
The power of storytelling is even more magical when it comes to The District – thanks to historical stories and tales told through art, theater and opera performances. And now, The District is giving you a chance to share your cultural story through Facebook!
From the weeks of Monday, April 27 through Monday, June 8, The District will post a question each Monday on its Facebook page about not only cultural experiences at The District, but also fans’ own cultural experiences, wherever they may have taken place. Fans are encouraged to comment in response to the questions. On each Friday during the promotion, The District will select a winner from the comments. Winners will be notified each Friday via Facebook about their prize.
The District’s giveaways each week are:
• Week of April 27: Two tickets to “Anything Goes” at the Broward Center for the Performing Arts (performances May 5–17)
• Week of May 4: Two tickets to the “Kahlo, Rivera + Mexican Modern Art” exhibition and a $25 gift card for lunch at the Museum Café (exhibition on view through May 31)
• Week of May 11: Two tickets to a River Ghost Tour at Historic Stranahan House Museum
• Week of May 18: Brunch for two at Marti’s New River Bistro at Broward Center for the Performing Arts on any Saturday or Sunday, including coffee, tea and one Bloody Mary or mimosa per person (must be 21 years of age or older to receive the alcoholic beverage)
• Week of May 25: Two tickets to a Behind the Scenes Tour at Bonnet House Museum & Gardens
• Week of June 1: Two tickets to Florida Grand Opera’s “Barber of Seville” at the Broward Center for the Performing Arts (Thursday, Dec. 3, 7:30 p.m.)
• Week of June 8: Two tickets to the Heart of Fort Lauderdale Segway Tour
#DoTheDistrict for Your Chance to Win!